- Dinger-prone: Jordan Zimmermann (-28.3%) has a bit of trouble keeping the ball in the yard, giving up 4 runs over 5 IP with 4 Ks but no walks. Coulda been worse.
- Way to prolong the rally: Ian Desmond (-9.5%) hits into a bases-loaded GDP in the 2nd, although the game-tying run scores on the play (-9.1%).
- Way to prolong the rally (not meant sarcastically): Michael Taylor (+6.3%) hits a two-out RBI single a couple of batters later for a go-ahead run (+11.0%).
- IT! IS! NOT! Bryce Harper (+6.3%) lines a solo shot over the wall in the RF power alley to lead off the 6th and get the Nats within one (+12.4%).
- Believe this: Danny Espinosa (+35.7%) is 2-4 with a bunt single and a 3-run jack over the wall in the RF corner to put the Nats ahead in the 6th (+32.6%).
- High-leverage: Felipe Rivero (+10.3%) earns a shutdown by getting the last out in the 7th after Blake Treinen (+3.5%) gets into a jam with runners 2nd/3rd and two out.
- I was never worried: Casey Janssen (+7.6%) works a 1-2-3 aeyth with 2 Ks for a shutdown.
- Also meritorious: Wilson Ramos (+11.7%) is 1-3 with a walk and two runs scored.
This morning's WPA brought to you by time to make the donuts:
And check out last night's edition of Nats Nightly:
Check Out Baseball Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with Nats Nightly on BlogTalkRadio