- Whadda bum! Jordan Zimmermann (-7.3%) gives up 3 runs in 7 IP, striking out 6 and walking none, but leaving without a lead.
- The 'A' is for 'opportunties': Michael Taylor (+33.5%) hits a two-out RBI single to get the Nats on the board in the fourth (+10.2%). He strikes out with runners 2nd/3rd in the 6th (-11.2%), but he follows up with a two-out, two-RBI single in the aeyth to tie the game (+36.6%).
- If you only get one hit...: Danny Espinosa (+11.1%) makes the most of his, double in the go-ahead run with two outs in the ayeth (+29.5%).
- Who's this guy wearing Desi's uni? Ian Desmond (+21.2%) is 2-2 with a pair of walks and a stolen base.
- Feared and respected: Matt den Dekker (+23.3%) is 1-1 with three walks.
- Not the greatest replacement: Dan Uggla (-12.6%) is 0-3 with a walk, a GDP and two LOB.
- Awesomely uninteresting: Drew Storen (+14.7%) decides to take no chances with his shutdown relief outing, striking out the side in the 9th to finish the game.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by why the Constitution bans patents of nobility: