- Non-dominant: Max Scherzer (-46.1%) gives up 5 runs in 5 IP, all via the long ball, with 8 Ks and a walk.
- Rally time: WIlson Ramos (+3.7%) singles in a run in the 4th to get the Nats within one with runners corners and one out (+15.4%).
- Cashing in: Tyler Moore (+16.1%) strokes a one-out, bases-loaded, two-RBI double to center to put the Nats ahead two batters later (+22.6%).
- Catching up: Ian Desmond (+17.1%) is 1-3 with a walk, two runs scored, and a game-tying solo shot to lead off the 6th (+17.6%).
- Losing: Sammy Solis (-26.4%) melts down in the 6th, giving up 2 runs (with two outs) to put the Nats behind.
- WPA thinks these players are roughly equivalent: Bryce Harper (+7.8%) is 1-2 with a pair of walks and a double. Emmanuel Burris (+7.2%) gets a pinch-hit bunt single to lead off the 9th.
This morning's WPA brought to you by the beatings will continue until morale improves: