- Getting there: Gio Gonzalez (+1.7% pitching, +7.3% hitting) strikes out 5 and walks none in 5 innings pitched, letting in two runs before being pulled in the 6th. He's 1-2 at the plate, with a two-out, RBI single in the 4th to put the Nats up by 2 (+10.6%).
- By hook or crook, as necessary: Ian Desmond (+17.2%) is 2-3 with a walk, a run scored on a WP to get the Nats on the board in the 2nd (+5.9%), and a two-run bomb in the 7th to pad his stats a little (+10.0%).
- Also getting it done: Michael Taylor (+12.1%) is 4-5 with a two-out, RBI single in the 4th to put the Nats up by 3 (+4.4%), a stolen base, and a junk-time, two-run bomb of his own in the aeyth (+1.9%).
- A lefty Clippard? Felipe Rivero (+9.2%) earns a shutdown by getting the last out in the 6th and throwing a 1-2-3 7th.
- Wait until his wrist feels better: Yunel Escobar (+9.1%) is 3-5 with a pair of doubles.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by heroes new and returning: