- Miss more bats: Jordan Zimmermann (-14.2%) knocks another million off next year's contract, giving up 3 runs in 6 IP with 2 Ks and 2 BBs. Looks quality, but it ain't.
- Barely not a meltdown: Sammy Solis (-5.9%) gets one out in the 7th and lets in a run.
- Rally-killin' rally killers, killin' rallies: Jayson Werth (-14.0%) is 1-4, but ends the 5th with the bases loaded with a GDP (-14.8%). Bryce Harper (-0.1%) is 1-3 with a walk, but GDPs to snuff a potential aeyth inning rally (-7.1%). Yunel Escobar (-13.1%) offsets his two walks by GDPing to end the game with the bases loaded (-15.7%).
- Triumphant return: Ryan Zimmerman (+9.8%) is 2-3 with a double and a walk.
- Almost forgot this latest addition to this collection of shiny hats! Ian Desmond (-14.1%) is 0-4 with 4 Ks and 5 LOB.
Today's WPA brought to you by tristesse: