- Struggling: Gio Gonzalez (+1.6%) only gives up 1 run through 4 2/3 IP with 6 Ks and 4 walks.
- Resurgent: Tanner Roark (+12.0%) earns a shutdown with 2 1/3 perfect innings in relief with 4 Ks.
- Big hit: Yunel Escobar (+13.9%) singles in the game-tying run with two outs in the ayeth (+27.7%).
- Solid: Aaron Barrett (+20.7%) gets a shutdown of his own with a scoreless aeyth and ninth innings to get the game to extras.
- Ejected: Bryce Harper (-22.4%) is 0-5 with a K, a string of emphatic swears at Jerry Meals, and an early trip to the showers. (Suffice it to say that Harp got rung up on a pitch that had been called a ball earlier in that AB, but gotta learn to take it. Robot umpires now.)
- No whammy, no whammy, STOP! Felipe Rivero (-15.7%) throws a 1-2-3-4-5-6 10th and 11th before giving up a walkoff dinger (-38.6%) to earn his meltdown.
- Might as well have been ejected: Michael Taylor (-24.1%) is 0-5 with 4 Ks.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by feverish journeys: