Via Fangraphs (click to embiggen)
- Abbreviated: Stephen Strasburg (+15.8%) has a solid 3.2 IP with 3 Ks, 2 walks, and no runs allowed. Let's hope it's not serious.
- SWING EARLY!! Michael Taylor (9.7%) hits the first pitch of the game over the flower boxes in LF to put the Nats up early (+10.8%).
- (Relatively) patient approach: Bryce Harper (+11.7%) is 3-4 with a walk, a double, and a two-run shot into the home bullpen on the fifth pitch of the game (+11.7%).
- Rock steady: Tanner Roark (+6.5%) earns a shutdown with a 4.1 inning relief appearance, giving up 2 runs on 3 Ks and no walks, but holding the lead.
- Piling on: Tyler Moore (+6.6%) is 3-4 with a two-out, RBI double in the 4th for the eventual winning run (+5.6%), a two-run double in the 6th to tack on (+1.9%), and a two-out, RBI single in the 7th that was pure stat-padding (+0.1%).
Today's WPA brought to you by activate two baserunners in hexes 2B and 3B, Nationals advantage: