- Tightrope walker: Doug Fister (+0.7%) dances in and out of trouble over 6 IP, giving up 2 runs (1 earned) on 2 Ks and a walk. Still not looking great.
- Unlikely hero: Matt den Dekker (-6.2%) gets a great read on a ball in the dirt to score on a WP and tie the game in the third (+11.2%).
- Not charging: Wilson Ramos (-18.8%) is 0-4 with 2 LOB.
- Charging: Danny Espinosa (+20.2%) rewards my faith by going 2-4 with a double and a game-tying solo bomb to RF with two outs in the 6th (+21.0%).
- Meltdown: Casey Janssen (-22.2%) gives up the scrapiest (not scrappiest) wall-scraper of a solo shot I've seen this year to put the Nats behind in the aeyth (-29.0%).
- Patient: Michael Taylor (+10.2%) is 0-2 with a pair of walks.
- Whimpering, not banging: Jose Lobaton (-13.0%) strikes out chasing pitches out of the zone with a RISP in the 9th and the Nats down by one. Matt dD follows with a routine groundout to end the game (-13.3%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by Young Herb and his prototype robot backup dancers: