- You look tired, bro: Max Scherzer (-26.4%) gives up 5 runs in 4.2 IP, with 4 Ks and no walks. You've earned a game off, dude.
- Another unicorn, pushed off a cliff: Ian Desmond (+2.3%) triples to lead off the 5th (+4.1%) and is stranded there when the next three batters strike out.
- Watch out, Max: Taylor Jordan (+2.1%) throws 3.1 scoreless in relief with a walk and 3 Ks to no particular notice by the WPA hamsters.
- Also unhelpful: Clint Robinson (-19.2%) gets the WPA blame for hitting into an odd non-force GDP/quasi-TOOTBLAN with two on in the 4th (-12.3%).
- Your WPA leader: Bryce Harper (+7.3) gets the nod for going 1-3 with walk.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by misunderstood spuds: