- Not quality (non-Coors-corrected): Jordan Zimmermann (-20.9%) gives up 6 runs in 6 IP with 6 Ks and 1 walk. Keep the ball in the yard, dude! I don't want to hear excuses about altitude.
- One-run lead (Coors-corrected): Yunel Escobar (+29.4%) hits a two-run dinger to put the Nats ahead in the first (+15.6%). He singles in a run to get the Nats within a half in the third (+11.5%).
- Quarter-run lead (Coors-corrected): Danny Espinosa (+14.0%) doubles in a go-ahead half-run with two outs in the 4th (+11.9%).
- The "right" way: Ian Desmond (+14.8%) singles, takes second on a WP, takes 3rd on a sac fly, and scores on another WP with two outs in the 5th (+8.9%).
- The (Coors-corrected) math is too hard: Michael A. Taylor (%) finally gets involved with a go-ahead, RBI single with two outs in the 7th (+16.9%).
- It's close: Casey Janssen (+6.8%) gives up a hit in the 7th, but gets the last two outs to preserve the lead and earn a shutdown.
- Lawrence Leadoff: Jayson Werth (+8.4%) doubles to put runners 2nd/3rd in the aeyth and set up two insurance runs (+10.4%).
- Unhelpful: Wilson Ramos (-18.1%) is 0-5 with 6 LOB. Six!
Tonight's WPA brought to you by you knew this was coming: