You gotta help yourself out, dude: Stephen Strasburg (+34.4% pitching, -17.7% hitting) fans 5, walks none and gives up a single unearned run over 7 IP. He's 0-3 with 4 LOB at the plate, including a bases-loaded K to end the 6th (-11.6%).
- Rally time! Ian Desmond (+11.8%) doubles to put runners 2nd/3rd with no outs in the 6th and the Nats down by one (+14.4%).
- Or not: Wilson Ramos (-12.4%) lines out to short with the bases loaded in the 6th (-11.0%) after an intentional walk in front of him, part of his 5 LOB on the night.
- Sloppy, but I'll take it: Bryce Harper (+0.7%) scores the tying run on a WP with two down in the 7th, although Yunel Escobar (+8.2%) TOOTBLANs on the play to end the rally (+3.1%).
- Sir Lawrence Oleadoffier: Jayson Werth (+30.1%) is 2-5 with a double and a two-out, two-run triple to put the Nats ahead in the aeyth (+34.9%).
- Fidgety and effective: Casey Janssen (+11.5%) holds the lead with a shutdown aeyth on 7 pitches.
- Is Rendon looking rested yet? Danny Espinosa (-15.0%) is 0-5 with 2 LOB.
[Rizzo points to head]: Jonathon Papelbon (+6.1%) finally gets a leveragy spot and he juuuust ekes out a shutdown with a 1-2-3 ninth.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by only the twee-est nostalgia: