- Efficient: Joe Ross (+17.9%) gives up a pretty clowny run over 6 IP with 7 Ks and an atypical 2 walks.
- Taking one for the team: Yunel Escobar (+9.3%) ties the game with a bases-loaded HBP, although he later leaves the game (+12.0%).
- RBIs don't automatically get you WPA: Ryan Zimmerman (-4.0%) puts the Nats ahead with a bases-loaded RBI single in the 5th, although Harper gets caught at the plate on the play (-1.9%). He pads his stats with a 7th-inning solo shot to put the Nats up by 4 (+5.1%).
- Full moon: Jayson Werth (+18.2%) is 2-4 with a walk and a two-out solo shot in the 6th to double the Nats' lead (+12.1%).
- All about dat base: Bryce Harper (+15.8%) is 2-3 with a HBP and a walk, including the bases-loading single in the 5th-inning rally (+11.5%).
- Figdety finesse: Casey Janssen (+6.3%) earns a shutdown with a scoreless 7th, including 2 Ks.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by dude I totally shred this on Guitar Hero: