- Unexceptionally solid: Jordan Zimmermann (+31.6%) gives up 1 run in 7 IP with 4 Ks and one walk. At the plate, he's 1-2 with a bunt "single" to put two on in the 3rd (+4.8%).
- We, too, call him Zim: Ryan Zimmerman (+8.6%) helps out his brother with a no-doubt solo shot to left to put the Nats up in the second (+11.6%).
- Helpfully unhelpful: Jayson Werth (-13.1%) is 1-3 with a walk and a third-inning GDP that moved a runner to third to set up a run (-8.7%).
- Straightforwardly helpful: Anthony Rendon (+9.5%) is 2-4 with an RBI single for the eventual winning tally in the third (+9.4%).
- Two-out stat-padders: Clint Robinson (+7.8%) smacks a two-out dinger to put the Nats up by 4 with two out in the 6th (+10.6%), and Ian Desmond (+0.3%) goes back-to-back with a solo shot to put it into junk time (+2.2%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by dawn of the Fluxus b-boys: