- Please don't be broken: Stephen Strasburg (-28.9%) gives up 4 runs in 4 IP before leaving early. He struck out 3 and walked none, although he gave up 2 dingers.
- Even in daytime the full moon has power: Jayson Werth (+28.3%) cranks a two-run round-tripper to get the Nats on the board and within one in the third (+16.7%). He doubles in another run in the 5th to get the Nats within one again (+13.9%).
- Two-out rally, best rally: Bryce Harper (+10.9%) follows up Werth's 5th-inning double one out later with a game-tying RBI single (+15.7%).
Patient: Ian Desmond (+22.8%) finally gets the go-ahead RBI two batters later (+15.0%). I should mention he also has 3 (three!) walks on the night.
- Adapting? Doug Fister (+11.0%) gets a shutdown with two scoreless in relief of Stras.
- Hairy-chested bench bat: Clint Robinson smacks a pinch-hit, two-run moon shot into the RF bleachers to put the Nats up by 3 in the 6th (+14.5%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by adorable French pop-rockers: