- Okay, it was a quality start: Max Scherzer (-2.2%) was not overwhelmingly dominant, giving up 3 runs in 6 IP with 9 Ks and 3 (three!!) walks.
- [Rizzo points to head]: Yunel Escobar (+14.2%) is 2-3 with a walk and a first-inning solo shot for the early lead (+10.8%).
- Returning from hibernation: Jayson Werth (+15.5%) doubles to put runners 2nd/3rd with no outs in the aeyth and a tie score (+19.3%).
- A welcome return to form (we hope): Wilson Ramos (+16.0%) is 2-3 with a walk and a two-RBI, go-ahead single with one out in the ayeth for the winning runs (+17.7%).
- Dominant: Casey Janssen (+8.2%) earns a shutdown with a 7-pitch, 1-2-3 seventh. Drew Storen (+9.9%) follows up with a 9-pitch, 1-2-3 aeyth for his own shutdown, not to mention the win (although pitcher wins are almost as dumb as "saves").
- Passable: Jonathon Papelbon (+6.4%) lets in a run (unearned) but gets out of the 9th with the lead intact for a shtudown.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by moderation in moderation: