- Poor Dougie: Joe Ross (+19.6%) gives up 1 run over 6 IP with 7 Ks and no walks. That's something we should see every 5 games.
- Hit early and often: Ian Desmond (+18.0%) smacks a solo shot to put the Nats ahead in the first (+12.0%), hits a leadoff double in the fourth and scores (+5.9%), and even draws a walk!
- Also having something of a resurgence: Wilson Ramos (+19.0%) is 2-5 with a two-out, two-RBI single for the winning margin in the 5th (+15.7%).
- A little melty: Casey Janssen (-38.1%) melts down almost disastrously, giving up two runs and leaving the game with runners 2nd/3rd.
- Effective: Matt Thornton (+27.2%) makes up for last night by getting the last two outs in the 7th to defuse Janssen's jam and earn a shutdown.
- Pop off the bench: Ryan Zimmerman hits a pinch-hit RBI double with two out in the 7th (+10.2%).
- Proof: Drew Storen (+6.6%) picks up another shutdown with a scoreless aeyth.
- Hairy-chested stat-padder: Clint Robinson (-10.5%) hits his way into junk time, with a meaningless three-run jack in the aeyth (+1.9%).
- Serial single-bagger: Bryce Harper (+13.6%) is 2-2 with three (3!) walks and two runs scored.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by a keg of Bass and a CD player on repeat, somewhere in 1992: