- Missing in the middle: Max Scherzer (-26.5%) gives up 4 runs in 6 IP with 10 Ks and walk, but 3 HR allowed.
- Back-to-back: Ryan Zimmerman (+15.2%) blasts a game-tying solo shot over the fence in center to get the Nats on the board in the second (+12.1%), and follows up with another solo big fly about 8 rows back over the Geico sign in right center on his next AB with two outs in the 3rd (+11.1%).
- Also back-to-back: Jayson Werth (-2.0%) smacks a solo shot of his own right after Zim's in the second to put the Nats ahead (+11.6%).
- Veteran-y: Michael Taylor (+11.6%) gets the WPA credit for a run-scoring, game-tying ROE when Werth carefully gets in the middle of a throw home on his way to the plate (+12.6%).
- YEAH! Oops: Casey Janssen (+6.1%) earns a shutdown by getting the last out in the 7th to preserve the tie. Drew Storen (-35.9%) gives up 2 runs in the ayeth to put the Nats behind and earn a meltdown.
- Rally time: Anthony Rendon (+20.6%) walks to put two on with no outs in the 9th (+14.0%). Zim walks two batters later to load 'em up with one out (+13.0%).
- Big misses: Bryce Harper (-20.9%) pops up with two on in the 9th (-12.2%). Werth Ks with the bases loaded two batters later (-14.8%).
Today's WPA brought to you by the bullpen isn't the only problem: