- Coulda been better-also worse: Gio Gonzalez (-0.8%) only gives up 1 run in 5.1 IP with 4 Ks and 3 walks.
- Offensive outburst? Wilson Ramos (+6.6%) is 2-3 with a game-tying sac fly in the 6th (+3.7%).
- Efficient: Blake Treinen (+17.9%) comes on into a runners-corners jam in the 5th and gets out of it with a GDP on his first pitch to earn a shutdown.
- Unfortunate: Casey Janssen (-21.8%) only gets one out in the 7th and gives up the go-behind run to get himself a meltdown.
- Least valuable: Ian Desmond (-19.4%) is 0-4 with a K, 3 LOB, and a GDP.
- Also not so valuable: Bryce Harper (-12.6%) and Michael Taylor (-14.8%) combine to go 0-7 with a walk, 6 Ks and 6 LOB.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by a long season of coping:
*The Nats are not, to my knowledge, pursing a co-branding agreement with Martha Stewart.