- Non-dominant dominance: Jordan Zimmermann (+4.1%) allows two runs over 6 IP with 7 Ks and 1 walk, despite a lot of hard contact.
- Hai guise, remember me? Tyler Moore (+12.1%) is 2-4 with a double and a fifth-inning solo shot to the get the Nats on the board (+13.0%).
- Can't this team score runs with hits? Bryce Harper (+5.2%) drives in the game-tying run with a fifth-inning sac fly (+0.6%), while Ian Desmond (+10.7%) draws a bases-loaded walk (!) for the go-ahead run (+14.7%).
- Blatant stat-padding: Harper absolutely crushes a line-drive into the first row of the second deck above the home bullpen for a two-run home run in the 7th (+12.2%).
- Everyday: Felipe Rivero (+9.1%) throws a 1-2-3 7th for a shutdown.
- Zero/hero: Sammy Solis (-11.3%) allows two runners in the ayeth without recording an out to earn a meltdown, but Blake Treinen (+14.9%) defuses the mess with three quick outs to earn a shutdown.
- If only he could field: Yunel Escobar (+11.5%) is 1-2 with a pair of walks.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by Scandanavian car companies and beard trimmers:
*It may actually be a Korean chicken wing franchise, or possibly no franchise at all. In fact, it's almost certainly no franchise at all. Which is not to imply they're opening some restaurant with their own, independent concept, but rather that I'm not actually aware of any business venture they're planning. This was just a guess.