- Innings limit: Joe Ross (-10.7%) seems to be at the end of his rope, going only 2 2/3 innings with 3 Ks and 6 (six!) walks, letting in two runs (one via bases-loaded walk).
- Resurgent: Doug Fister (+11.0%) lets in one inherited runner on a bases-loaded HBP, but goes the rest of his 2.1 IP with no further runs to earn a shutdown.
- Damn you for giving us hope: Anthony Rendon (+8.9%) doubles in a pair of runs early to give the Nats the lead (+20.1%). Ryan Zimmerman (+3.0%) hits a solo shot to put the Nats up by 4 (+6.6%).
- Seriously, stop encouraging us: Felipe Rivero (+7.3%) works a shutdown inning in relief. Matt Thornton (-12.8%) melts down and leaves a runners-corners jam for Blake Treinen (+21.1%), who earns a shutdown by getting out of it.
- There's that DOOM: Drew Storen (-35.8%) gives up the game-tying runs in the ayeth for a meltdown, while Casey Janssen (-37.5%) earns his second meltdown in as many days giving up the walkoff.
- Your WPA leader: Bryce Harper (+16.9%) is 2-2 with a double and a pair of walks. He's good at hitting.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by I'm pretty sure this was the same show where CvB was trolling the Hollywood Bowl: