- Not how I would draw it up, but effective, I guess: Max Scherzer (+6.7%) gives up 11 (eleven!) hits in 6 IP, but only 2 runs with 10 Ks and no walks.
- On the board: Jayson Werth (+7.2%) belts a two-out solo shot onto the batter's eye to tie the game in the 3rd (+12.6%).
- Stuck in a rut: Ryan Zimmerman (+52.7%) hits a go-ahead solo bomb in the 4th (+14.2%), and then hits another go-ahead solo shot in the 6th (+17.7%).
- Intense managing action: Matt Grace (-27.0%), the third Nat to pitch in the 7th, lets in the game-tying run to rack up a meltdown. Rafael Martin (+9.6%), the fourth Nats' pitcher in the 7th, earns a shutdown by getting the last out with runners 2nd/3rd to preserve the tie.
- WHAERZ TEH POWARR?! Zimmy doesn't go back-to-back-to-back, settling for an RBI double down the RF line to put the Nats ahead (again) in the aeyth (+23.9%).
- I was never worried: Drew Storen (+13.1%) strikes out the side in the aeyth to preserve the lead and earn a shutdown.
- Okay, I was a little worried: Jonathon Papelbon (+17.9%) gets to runners-corners with one out but bears down and gets the last two out to save the game and earn a shutdown.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by relaxation: