- Pitcher wins are dumb: Stephen Strasburg (+26.0% pitching, +4.4% hitting) allows one run in 8 IP while striking out 13 and walking one. Enjoy your no-decision!
- You guys are killin' me here: The Nats load the bases in the 4th on Clint Robinson (-5.2%) single (+8.7%), followed by an Ian Desmond (-7.3%) K, a Matt den Dekker lineout (-9.1%), and a Wilson Ramos (-23.9%) ground out.
- Most half-hearted redemption ever: Desi gets the Nats on the board with an RBI groundout in the 6th (+6.4%).
- Free baseball: Jonathon Papelbon (+12.4%), Felipe Rivero (+12.4%), Blake Treinen (+12.2%) and Matt Thornton (+12.7%) combine to keep the game tied from the 9th to the 12th, earning shutdowns, all.
- Setup man: Anthony Rendon (+10.2%) is 2-5 with a 12th-inning single (+5.3%), taking second on a WP (+6.4%).
- MVP, etc: Bryce Harper (+52.1%) is 3-5 with a walk, a double, and another double with one out in the 12th for the walkoff RBI (+30.2%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by life planning: