- On the spot: Tanner Roark (-5.5%) lets in one run in 4.1 IP despite 3 walks and only 1 K.
- No-doubter: Bryce Harper (+28.15) hits one almost to the [beer company] party deck with two outs in the 1st to put the Nats ahead (+11.4%), part of his 2-3, 2 walk night, which also included a leadoff single in the 10th (+7.5%).
- Bridge: Matt Thornton (+19.6%) earns a shutdown by getting out of bases-loaded, one-out jam in the 5th. Felipe Rivero (+15.3%) follows up with two scoreless for a shutdown of his own.
- Bridge too far: Drew Storen (-22.2%) lets in a go-behind run in the ayeth for a meltdown.
- High drama: Yunel Escobar (+33.3%) doubles to lead off the ninth (+24.3%). Wilson Ramos strikes out with a runner on third and one out later than inning (-24.6%). Matt den Dekker singles in the two-out, tying run to send the game to extras (+40.8%).
- A chance to win: Jonathon Papelbon (+15.6%) throws two scoreless in the 9th and 10th for a shutdown.
- Setup to go ahead: Ryan Zimmerman (+9.1%) singles to put runners 1st/3rd with no outs in the 10th (+23.4%).
- "...like a 150-grain thirty-ought-six": Michael Taylor hits a pinch-hit sac fly well back into the red porch seats for a three-run walkoff dinger (+6.6%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by runs: