- Nearly unhittable: Gio Gonzalez (+19.3%) walks four but fans 10 over 6 scoreless.
- Hitty McHitterson, feeling hitterish: Ian Desmond (+19.8%) is 3-4 with a first-inning leadoff double (+7.2%), after which he eventually scores the Nats first run on a WP (+10.4%). Anthony Rendon (+8.0%) is 2-4 with an RBI double for the Nats second run (+9.8%).
- He'll tell you when it's a strike: Bryce Harper (+13.0%) is 3-4 with a double and a two-run homer with two outs in the 3rd for the winning tallies (+13.4%).
- No WPA for me, thanks: Ryan Zimmerman (-2.2%) drives in the Nats' 7th and 8th runs on a pair of outs that result in only stat-padding.
- WPA does not respect clown plays: Wilson Ramos (+1.5%) o-fers tonight, but has a hilarious swinging bunt that gets misplayed into two runs (+2.7).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by whistling past the graveyard: