- Running out of gas: Joe Ross (-1.3%) does his best, but lets in two runs over 4.1 IP and leaves with two on, both of whom also score. He walks 3 and strikes out none.
- M-A-T with the R-B-I: Michael Taylor (+22.7%) is 2-4 with a go-ahead, two-run double in the 2nd (+21.0%).
- Face-eating fury: Jayson Werth (+18.7%) lasers a two-out, three-run jack to left for the eventual winning runs three batters later (+22.3%).
- A Slaten, but not a meltdown: Sammy Solis (-1.5%) cashes in both inherited runners but gets the last two outs in the 5th.
- Junk-timers: Bryce Harper (+2.6%) homers just short of the front row of the Red Porch seats in the 3rd (+3.5%). Anthony Rendon (+0.6%) pads his stats with a solo shot of his own in the 4th (+2.0%).
- [Sad Trombone]: Wilson Ramos (-7.8%) is 0-4 with 2 Ks and 4 LOB.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by another example of why 70s nostalgia isn't a thing: