- Quality, for what quality counts: Stephen Strasburg (+5.1%) lets in 2 runs in 7.1 IP with an eye-watering 13 Ks and 1 walk, exiting with a runner on, who scores, of course.
- Does anyone else on this team hit? Bryce Harper (+27.2%) is 3-4 with a solo shot to get the Nats on the board with two outs in the first (+11.4%), a double to set up a go-ahead run in the 4th (+7.8%), and a solo moon shot like Dunn used to hit to the upper deck over the home bullpen to get the Nats within one with two down in the aeyth (+9.9%).
- Well, at least he didn't walk anyone: Drew Storen (-35.5%) picks up his second spectacular meltdown in as many days, giving up the go-behind dinger on his second pitch in relief of Stras (-36.7%).
- And nobody in this bullpen can pitch: Jonathon Papelbon (-7.0%) lets in a run to earn his own meltdown in the 9th, although it hardly ended up mattering.
- Terrible trio: Ian Desmond (-9.4%), Wilson Ramos (-8.3%), and Danny Espinosa (-7.1%) combine to go 1-12 with 7 Ks and 2 LOB.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by the season-long grind:
*The part about the catering business may be speculation on my part.