- Not ready for prime time: Joe Ross (-39.1%) does not get it done today, giving up 4 runs while only getting 8 outs on 3 Ks, 2 walks, and 2 HBP (of which one scored and the other drove in a run).
- Early hope: Daniel Murphy (+37.2%) singles in a run to put the Nats up in the first (+10.3%).
- Excellent bridge: Oliver Perez (+7.4%) gets the last out in the 3rd to strand the bases loaded then throws a scoreless fourth to earn a shutdown.
- Rally time: Jayson Werth (+15.2%) caps his 2-3 night with a bases-loaded HBP to drive in the first run of a two-out, 7th-inning rally (+8.6%). Murphy follows up with a game-tying, two-RBI single (+29.0%).
- [Sad trombone]: Anthony Rendon (-17.5%) is 0-4 with 6 LOB, fanning to end the 7th-inning rally with the go-ahead run on third (-8.6%).
- Still bridging: Marc Rzepczynski (+6.3%) gets two outs in the 7th to keep the game in range and earn a shutdown.
- But he gets lefties out now! Blake Treinen (-26.4%) gets the last out of the 7th but melts down in the ayeth, with a HBP coming around to score the go-behind run.