- I don't care, pitcher wins are dumb: Max Scherzer (-27.7% pitching, +17.1% hitting) coughs up 5 runs in 5 IP, fanning 7 and walking 2 to earn his 20th meaningless pitcher win. At the plate, he's 2-2 with a two-run single in second (+9.4%) and another 2-run singles in the fourth (+9.8%).
- More like this, please: Danny Espinosa (+30.3%) hits a two-out, two-run dinger to stretch the Nats' lead in the 5th enough to eventually win (+18.7%).
- Un-resolving the playoff roster: Reynaldo Lopez (-16.7%) does not cover himself with glory in the ayeth, getting only two outs before giving up two runs and leaving with two men on to earn a meltdown.
- Getting back into the groove? Sammy Solis (+10.4%) comes up to get to the last out of the ayeth with a big K to quash a rally and earn a shutdown.
- K'BOOM goes the patience! Spencer Kieboom (+0.9%) draws a walk in the ayeth in his first MLB plate appearance, eventually coming around to score the Nats' 10th run.
- Also meritorious: Trea Turner (+11.6%) is 1-3 with a pair of walks and a SB. Wilmer Difo (+14.3%) is 1-3 with a walk and a SB.