- A little shaky: Max Scherzer (-8.4%) gives up 4 runs over 6 IP with 6 Ks and 3 walks.
- The third run in the first is turning into his thing: Daniel Murphy (+18.4%) hits a two-out, two-out bomb to put the Nats ahead in the first (+19.4%).
- He must have gotten his 50 ABs in Spring: Ryan Zimmerman (+12.5%) is 2-3 with a double, a sac fly, and a walk.
- Is the "single cycle" a thing? Wilson Ramos (+33.0%) is 4-4, driving in the winning tally with two outs in the 5th (+13.8%) and driving in an insurance run with two outs in the 7th (+10.1%). He also threw out a runner to end the 4th.
- A new hope: Felipe Rivero (+13.5%) gets three straight outs across two innings to hold the lead, earn a shutdown, and get into the ayeth.
- It isn't always going to be this easy: Jonathan Papelbon (+7.0%) gets the bottom of the order out to earn a save and a shutdown.
- Improving: Michael A. Taylor (+7.5%) gets two hits, two stolen bases, and only strikes out once!
Tonight's WPA brought to you by stepping up: