- Good enough: Gio Gonzalez (+34.8%) pitches 6 scoreless innings with 4 Ks and 1 walk.
- WHAERZ TEH DINGERZ? Daniel Murphy (+6.9%) is 2-3 with no home runs.
- Solid: Shawn Kelly (+8.6%) throws a scoreless 7th, fanning two, to earn a shutdown.
- Not a good recipe: Oliver Perez (-7.0%) melts down in the ayeth, walking two out of the three batters he faces.
- Pretty frickin' bueno: Blake Treinen (+21.0%) gets four high-leverage outs (including lefties!) in the ayeth and ninth to keep it tied and then hold the lead, also earning a shutdown.
- He never mastered AAA! Bryce Harper (+29.2%) has one measly hit, but it's a two-run double for the winning margin with two outs in the ayeth (+35.2%).
So, is Dan Iassogna incompetent or corrupt? You decide!
Okay, it turns out that his zone wasn't actually so much biased as random. Get some LASIK, Dan! Sure, you gave the Nats some freebites on the inning half, but those balls called in the center of the zone? Did you start drinking as earlier as I did? Check yourself, dude.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by from here on out, the dances get more difficult: