- He may just keep the #3 spot in the rotation: Tanner Roark (+38.9%) throws 7 scoreless with 15 Ks and 3 walks. If this is pitch-to-contact, I want more of it!
- Tayloresque: Chris Heisey (-9.1%) is 0-4 in the leadoff spot with 3 LOB.
- Our new hero: Bryce Harper (+10.1%) is 2-4 with a pair of doubles, including a first-inning two-bagger to put runners 2nd/3rd and set up the go-ahead runs (+8.4%).
- Our traditional hero: Ryan Zimmerman (+9.6%) is 2-3 with a walk and two-RBI single in the first for the winning tallies (+8.1%).
- Now with added confusion: Oliver Perez (+7.9%) gets the last two outs in the ayeth to hold the lead and earn a shutdown.
- I was never worried: Jonathan Papelbon (+7.0%) throws a 1-2-3 9th to close out the win and earn a shutdown.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by the 1-2-3 punch: