- Dread: Gio Gonzalez (-2.4%) leaves with the bases loaded and one out in the 7th, having already let in 2 runs with 5 Ks and 3 walks. You keep that bullpen fresh, Dusty.
- Easy come, easy go: Sammy Solis (+4.1%) clears up Gio's jam with a timely GDP to escape the inning with no further damage, then he gives up a solo shot in the aeyth to put the Nats further behind and turn his shutdown into, "meh."
- Particularly unhelpful: Jose Lobaton (15.2%) is 0-3 with 3 LOB, "leading" the Nats in offensive futility.
- Presenting tonight's hitting WPA leader: Danny Espinosa (+3.7%) is hardly imposing, going 1-3 with a bunt single and walk, but it's more than anyone else on the team did.
- Further ignominy: Jayson Werth (-9.9%) is 0-3 with 2 Ks and a LOB. Ryan Zimmerman (-9.6%) is 0-4 with 3 Ks and 2 LOB.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by checking yourself before you're wrecking yourself: