- I actually complained out loud about this outing: Stephen Strasburg (+14.4%) struggles a bit, fanning four and walking three over 6 IP, but he get some good defense behind him and only allows one run.
- LASIK really works: Wilson Ramos (+23.4%) is 2-4 with an RBI single to tie the game with two down in the 7th (+21.3%). He also throws out the pesky Inciarte stealing second.
- This would be clutch, if "clutch" existed: Matt den Dekker comes through with a two-out, two-RBI, just-got-off-the-plane-from-Syracuse, pinch-hit double to put the Nats ahead in the seventh (+33.4%).
- Death to lefties (and righties): Felipe Rivero (+12.0%) gets five straight outs (with 2 Ks) in the 7th and aeyth to hold the lead and earn a shutdown.
- Heroes to zeroes: Michael A. Taylor (-11.1%) and Daniel Murphy (-11.2%) combine to go 0-8 with 3 Ks and 4 LOB (no, WPA doesn't care at all about MAT's two 8-4 assists).
- Mr. OBP: Danny Espinosa (+4.6%) is 2-3 with a double and a walk.
- Be more boring! Jonathan Papelbon (+8.1%) makes it interesting, getting runners on the corners before finally recording the game-ending K for a shutdown.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by keeping the train rolling (with a slightly more complex dance, because you already learned the last one, right?):