- Records were made to be broken. And tied: Max "K" Scherzer (+46.5%) demonstrates the superiority of pitching to strike-out, fanning 20 and walking none (zero) in a two-run complete game.
- Let someone else get some RBI, man: Daniel "Hits" Murphy (+17.3%) singles in a run with one out in the first to get the Nats the early lead (+9.4%). He singles in another run in the sixth to regain the lead (+9.9%).
- It seemed like junk time at the time, so Ima call him a junk-timer: Danny Espinosa (+5.3%) cranks a solo bomb to right center with one out in the seventh to pad his stats and score the eventual winning tally (+10.7%).
- Brother against brother: Ryan Zimmerman (-5.6%) is 1-2 with a pair of walks and a GDP to snuff the first-inning rally (-9.9%).
- Batting like a shaven man: Jayson Werth (-17.3%) is 0-4 with a GDP to end a rally in the 6th (-10.9%).
- Progress? Ben "4-3" Revere (-6.3%) is 0-4 with no Ks and no LOB.
- Also meritorious: Anthony Rendon (+11.3%) is 2-4 with a double and a SB.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by twenty: