- He's the one who's better: Stephen Strasburg (+0.2%) strikes out 10 and walks one over six innings of one-run ball.
- Prodigious prodigal: Daniel "Hits" Murphy (+21.7%) is 2-4 with a walk, a double, and a two-out, two-run jack to just right of dead center to give the Nats the lead in the first (+20.8%).
- "Perfect" night: Ryan Zimmerman (+8.0%) is 0-2 with 2 walks and a run-scoring ROE in the third (+8.6%).
- Tony Six-Spot: Anthony Rendon (+9.5%) is 3-4 with a two-run double in the third to drive the win expectency over 90% (+10.8%).
- WPA is not impressed: Ben "4-3" Revere (+3.9%) is 2-5 with a two-out, two-RBI, junk-time triple in the 3rd (+2.7%).
- MVP watch: Bryce Harper (+5.7%) is 1-4 with a stolen base.
- Tin Slugger: Stephen Strasburg (-2.0% hitting) is 0-4 with 3 LOB.
- Dusty found the appropriate game situation: Jonathan Papelbon (+0.0%) comes in to get the last three outs with an 8-run lead and a 100.0% win expectancy.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by leaving New York: