- Dude, you even had your personal catcher! Gio Gonzalez (-37.6%) is terrible, giving up 6 runs in 4.2 innings pitched with 6 Ks and 4 walks.
- Cortisone shots for everyone! Ryan Zimmerman (+23.5%) is 4-4 with with two-run oppo bomb in the 2nd to get the Nats within two, back when we thought Gio might not keep stinking (+13.1%), and a solo shot to left center in the 7th to get the Nats within two again, when we though the bullpen might actually hold the margin (+9.0%).
- Not keeping it close: Sammy Solis (-7.1%) melts down in the ayeth, letting in two inherited runners and making sure the game stays unwinnable.
- This is why you're not Gio's personal catcher: Wilson Ramos pinch-hit GDPs to end the 7th (-8.5%).
- Junk timer: Bryce Harper (+1.0%) cranks a solo shot to batting eye just right of straight away center to pad his stats with two outs in the 6th (+4.8%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by look, man, when I need a break from bad games like this, I like to imagine a teenage Dusty Baker up there on stage with these guys in a hip turtleneck, just groovin' and making it all happen and blowing these rapt Norwegians' minds like a jazz-funk proto-Ranking Roger: