- How many 'new Zimmermanns' are we going to have? Tanner Roark (+5.6%) gives up 2 runs in 7 IP with 4 Ks and 2 walks and looks for a while like he's going to get tagged with a loss.
- You take the good: Daniel "Hits" Murphy (+39.0%) is 3-4 with a double and a solo bomb that would have been out in a real ballpark, too, to tie it up in the 4th (+13.3%).
You take the bad: Murf Dawg hits into a fly-ball double play to kill a 7th-inning rally (-14.5%).
- Homecoming (part 32 of an ongoing series): Jayson Werth (+22.3%) drives in a run to tie the game back up with two outs in the aeyth (+28.3%).
- Then you take some more good: Murpherino hits a two-run single to put the Nats ahead with two down in the ayeth (+33.7%).
- It'll be tough deciding whether he or Kelley should be "closer": Felipe Rivero (+8.4%) throws a 1-2-3 ayeth to hold the lead and earn a shutdown, fanning two.
Watching him makes my eyes bleed, no matter the outcome: Given a two-run lead, Jonathan Papelbon (+8.5%) gives up a run on a pair of doubles (-34.9%), putting the tying run on second before recording the first out. Happily, he records two more without another run scoring to hold the lead and earn a shutdown.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by supernatural forces: