- He needs to work on a third pitch if he really wants to be effective: Joe Ross (+34.5%) gives up one run over 7 IP with 5 Ks and 2 walks.
- This was in the middle of Mrs. Doghouse's diatribe about taking pitches and grinding out long at-bats: Jayson Werth (+5.0%) cranks a one-out solo bomb to left-center on the first pitch he sees to get the Nats the early lead (+10.4%).
- Monthly hits leader (tied): Daniel "Hits" Murphy (+17.3%) is 2-4 with a towering pop-up 10 rows back in right field for a go-ahead solo shot in the 6th (+18.5%) and a stat-padding single to get into the record book.
- Please don't break him: Felipe "Every Day" Rivero (+13.7%) throws a 1-2-3 aeyth with 2 Ks for a big shutdown.
- Is there someone behind you? Danny Espinosa (+1.1%) junk-times a two-run bomb to left with two outs in the 9th (+13.8%).
- This is just greedy: Stephen Drew legs out a pinch-hit, inside-the-park home run (+2.0%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by oh, did I hit another dinger?