The Washington Nationals picked a good day to have a laugher. On getaway day in Kansas City, the Nats turned three Royals errors in the first inning into six runs, allowing Stephen Strasburg to cruise through six innings en route to his fifth win of the season and a 13-2 win over the defending World Champs.
The offensive onslaught saw contributions up and down the lineup -- except for the ninth spot where Danny Espinosa went 0 for 4. But even Espinosa drove in a run with a groundout.
Some highlights (BULLET POINT STYLE!):
- Damn, Daniel: Murphy continued his hot start, going 4 for 5 with his fourth homer and three RBIs. Currently hitting .398. Totally sustainable.
- Kids call him Zim: Zimmerman went 3 for 5 with an RBI out of the DH slot.
- Okay, he can stay: Bryce Harper snaps a 1 for 23 slump in a big way with an RBI single and solo two-out homer (10) off Dillon Gee.
- Fine line: Strasburg gave a solid six inning performance, allowing two earned on five hits and a walk, striking out seven. And Dusty Baker lifted him after six to preserve an extra inning somewhere in September (or October).
- Mr. Robinson's neighborhood: Against the team he made his MLB debut with, Robinson went 2 for 3 with three ribbies.
- Viva el bufalo!: Wilson Ramos 3 for 5, .364 for the season.
For more giddy analysis, the link goes here: