Dude, if someone offers you a deal, you better take it: Stephen Strasburg (-21.8%) pounds on the three true outcomes, fanning 11, walking 4, and giving up 4 runs (all via dingers) over 7 innings pitched.
- Doesn't anyone else get any RBI on this team? Daniel Murphy (+24.3%) is the man on the spot, single in a run to get the Nats within one with two outs in the 4th (+10.8%), then clubbing a two-out, two-run bomb to right to get the Nats within one again in the 6th (+19.6%).
- LOBster roll: Ryan Zimmerman (-21.6%) does not make them pay, going 0-4 with 5 LOB.
- Ejected: Danny Espinosa (+8.7%) singles to put runners corners and set up the tying run in the 7th (+19.3%). Bryce Harper (+0.4%) is 0-2 with a pair of walks.
- Bounce back: Blake Treinen (+8.3%) comes on with one on, no out in the aeyth and gets a pair of outs to earn a shutdown, including a huge caught stealing at third (+12.3%).
- They call him the defuser (no one actually calls him this): Felipe Rivero (+18.9%) gets out of a two-on, two-out jam in the aeyth and then gets two outs in the ninth to earn a shutdown.
He thrives in the majik aeyth: Clint Robinson has a pinch-hit solo shot to
go ahead in the ayethget the walkoff (+42.4%).
Tonight's WPA brought to you by the traditional Italian love for Mancini: