- Uneven but serviceable: Gio Gonzalez (-10.2%) gives up 3 runs in 6.1 IP with 9 Ks, 4 walks, and a fair bit of contact.
- RISP-shmisp: The Nats' first two runs come on negative-WPA plays worth -5.1%. That's not an easy recipe for success.
- Regression is mean: Daniel Murphy (-23.8%) is 0-4 with 4 LOB.
- High-impact: Jose Lobaton (+20.7%) doubles to put runners 2nd/3rd with no outs in the 7th (+19.5%). Wilson Ramos (-16.8%) pinch hits and strikes out on three pitches (-10.6%).
- High-impact, part 2: Bryce Harper (+6.7%) walks to lead off the aeyth (+9.8%). Ryan Zimmerman (+11.5%) singles two batters later to put runners corners with one out (+18.2%). Anthony Rendon (+2.1%) finally manages to get positive WPA on a sac fly by tying the game with one on the next AB (+6.5%).
- You're lucky Papelbon is "sore": Sammy Solis (-26.0%) throws a scoreless ayeth, but gives up the losing run in the 9th to earn a meltdown--after a needless leadoff walk.
Tonight's WPA brought to you even death metal is unbearably cute (and indescribably weird) in Japan: