- Not such a strong start: Gio "Sorry, kids, no gruel tonight" Gonzalez (-45.0%) struggles to miss bats and find the strike zone, giving up 5 runs over 5 1/3 innings pitched with 3 Ks, 4 walks, and 2 HBP.
- Prototypical leadoff hitter: Michael "The 'A' is for, 'D!NGERZ'" Taylor (+37.9%) yanks a solo shot in the the LF corner on the first pitch of the game to get the Nats a brief early lead (+11.0%).
- Picking up your pitcher: Danny "Why wouldn't I be the starting SS?" Espinosa (+9.3%) smashes a solo jack into center to get the Nats within one in the 5th. Two outs later, MAT pulls a second solo bomb into the LF corner to tie the game (+16.1%).
- Not helping: Jayson "O-fer" Werth (-12.6%) is 0-4 with 2 Ks and 2 LOB. Ryan "Chase the high fastball like it owes you money" Zimmerman (-13.7%) is 0-4 with 2 Ks and 3 LOB.
- Let's cling to our one bright spot: MAT is 4-4 with a double and a steal in addition to his two dingers.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by vintage perversity (part 1 of a series):