- Do they have sports therapists in Syracuse? Gio "I hate all of you and that's why I'm pitching this way (not an actual quote)" Gonzalez (-36.2%) gives up 6 runs in 3 IP, half of whom reached via walk or HBP. The other three runs were on hits (and an HR), so we're failing on all cylinders, here.
- Scoring runs with outs isn't that helpful, no matter what FP says: Four of the Nats' five runs come via the sacrifice, for a total of -10.8%. Try getting a hit with the runner on third, and maybe the guy behind him can score (or maybe YOU).
- The game in a nutshell, part one: Wilson "LASIK" Ramos (-10.4%) singles to load the bases in the 7th (+9.8%), singles in the Nats' first run in the 2nd (+4.3%), and GDPs to end the game (-17.2%).
- The game in a nutshell, part two: Danny "Dirtbag 4 Life" Espinosa (+3.9%) leads the team in WPA, with no at-bats, walking twice and hitting two sacrifices.
- This is actually ironic, right? Ben "4-3" Revere (-12.8%) is 0-5, falling a 4-3 short of the groundout cycle.
- Honorable mention: Matt "C'mon, guys, I'm totally better than Paps (also not an actual quote)" Belisle (+7.3%) earns a shutdown for two scoreless to hold the game close after the Nats starting clawing back.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by a reasonable reaction to the current situation: