- Pitching to contact works sometimes: Tanner Roark (+24.0%) goes 8+ IP of shutout ball with 5 Ks and 1 walk. Way to manage your contact, dude.
- Harper cost you some WPA: Anthony Rendon (+3.3%) singles in the eventual winning run with one out in the first, but Bam-Bam gets thrown out trying for third (+2.3%).
- Less ambiguously good scoring: Danny Espinosa (+11.5%) doubles in a run with one down in the 2nd to double the Nats' lead (+9.1%).
- Help yourself out: Roark (+4.4% hitting) hits a bases-loaded, two-run single+error with one out in the fourth to the put the game away (+8.8%).
- This is just junk-timing: Tony Two-Bags decides to double his nickname, jacking a solo bomb into the visiting bullpen to pad his stats in the 5th (+1.7%).
- A double short of the double-cycle: Stephen Drew (+9.6%) is 3-4 with 3 doubles.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by implied heat: