- Lucas "Not Unheralded" Giolito (-44.6% pitching, +10.3% hitting) gives up 4 runs (2 earned) in 3 1/3 IP, fanning none and walking three, leaving with the bases loaded. At the plate, he's 1-1 with a rally-starting single to lead off the third. :
- Game-changing speed: Trea "Spede Gaem" Turner (15.1%) hits a triple to lead off the first (+9.3%).
- Buffabomb: Wilson "I hit it more harder" Ramos (+32.2%) jacks a monstrous two-bomb about four rows from the concourse in right-center to put the Nats ahead in the third (+20.1%).
- I was never worried: Matt "Mid-game leverage" Belisle (+32.4%) earns a huge shutdown by defusing bases-loaded jam via a back-pick (+11.6%) and a K, then throwing scoreless 5th and 6th innings.
- TOOTBLAN: Ramos gets caught going for second on a throw home to end the 5th, although not before driving in a run to put the Nats up by two (+8.9%).
- You had one job: Shawn "You'd take Paps over me?" Kelley (-26.8%) melts down in the ayeth, giving up a pair of solo shots to tie the game.
- You, also, had one job: Jonathan "It wasn't a save situation" Papelbon (-48.6%) only gets two outs in the 9th, giving up four runs to put the game out of reach and earn a meltdown.
Bonus graph! Did Laz Diaz bet the Pads today?
I report, you decide:
Today's WPA brought to you by one AM Sunday morning on the Central Coast, somewhere in the early '90s: