Remember, he was the throw-in for a rental of Cristian Guzman: Tanner Roark (+24.3% pitching, +4.8% hitting) gives up one run over 7 IP with 3 Ks and and 3 walks. He hits a two-out, RBI single to extend the Nats' 2nd-inning rally (+10.7%).
- Speaking of two-out rallies: The Nats plate 3 in the 2nd, all with two down, starting with Danny Espinosa (+10.4%) singling in a run (+12.2%), the second of four singles in a row.
- Sparks: Trea Turner (+6.7%) is 2-4 with an RBI. Bryce Harper (+7.4%) hits a two-out RBI double in the 6th (+9.0%), with Turner scoring easily from first.
- Not technically a meltdown: Jonathan Papelbon (-5.4%) gets more slack from the WPA hamsters than from Dusty, getting the hook after putting two on with one out in the 9th.
- A meltdown: Oliver Perez (-7.4%) ends up with the WPA damage, giving up a walk and cashing in one of Pap's runners.
- Finally, a shutdown: Shawn Kelley (+15.8%) finally enters the game with the bases-loaded and two outs to end it with a K.
This WPA brought to you by normal-speed playback: