- Not the best start: Joe Ross (-25.0%) gives up 4 runs in the first 2 innings of his 5.1 IP, fanning two, walking none, and hitting two.
- WPA yawns: Ben Revere (+0.1%) triples in the first run of the evening for the Nats with two down in the third (+7.8%).
- Only one? Danny Espinosa (+7.9%) hits a two-run bomb over the out of town scoreboard to get the Nats within one in the ayeth (+16.7%).
- WPA likes players who pick their moments carefully: Anthony Rendon (+17.5%) is #2 in WPA on the night, with a pinch hit walk in the aeyth (+9.8%) and a SB (+7.7%). Bryce Harper (+20.2%) singles in the tying run a few batters later (+18.4%).
- Shutdowns: Felipe Rivero (+8.6%) goes 2.2 scoreless after Ross while the Nats try to come back, while Blake Treinen (+10.0%) gets the first two outs in the 9th to get to extras.
- Good news, bad news: Sammy Solis (-43.6%) melts down hugely, giving the go-behind runs in the 10th and only getting one out.
- WPA is asleep, too: Matt Belisle (-2.4%) doesn't get a meltdown because the game is already too far out of hand when he more than doubles the Nats' deficit in the 10th.
This morning's WPA brought to you by outmoded bacchanalia that YOU CAN'T UNSEE (part three in an occasional series):