- Laboring: Lucas Giolito (-36.0%) gives up 4 runs in 3 2/3 IP with 4 Ks and 4 walks.
- Good start: Ben Revere (+11.0%) leads off the game with a triple to set up the Nats' first run (+9.9%).
- The Inning of Dingers: Bryce Harper (+9.1%) hits a go-ahead solo bomb to the batter's eye in center to put the Nats ahead with one out in the 4th (+14.7%). Clint Robinson (+17.1%) hits one out to LF for his own solo shot one out later (+12.5%), while Anthony Rendon (-0.7%) follows him with another one to LF (+9.4%).
- Keeping it going: Wilson Ramos (+5.8%) singles in a run to put the Nats up by 2 in with two outs in the 5th (+12.0%).
- Bat like you pitch--fidgety: Oliver Perez (-38.2% pitching, +12.1% hitting) melts down on the mound, getting 4 outs in the 4th and 5th, but giving up a 3-run bomb to put the Nats behind (-39.4%). At the plate, he's 2-2 with a double and a run scored.
- Keep it in the yard, man: Matt Belisle (-6.9%) gets another 4 outs, but gives up a run in the 6th to earn a meltdown of his own.
- Get it back: Daniel Murphy (+19.6%) leads off the 7th with a massive solo bomb almost to the bridge in right to get the Nats within one (+12.4%).
- Give it up again: Sammy Solis (-12.1%) melts down in the 7th, letting in a run and exiting with the bases loaded.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by sharing the pain: