- Better every time: Reynaldo Lopez (+16.3%) gives up one run in 7+ IP, leaving with two runners on and no outs in the ayeth with 2 Ks and 2 walks on the evening.
- Can't this guy hit a sac fly? Daniel Murphy (+14.9%) smacks a two-run homer to score Turner from third with less than two outs in the first and put the Nats ahead (+14.2%).
- Depriving me of a chance to make a joke about Levi-Civita symbols: Trea Turner (+20.1%) is 3-5 with a 3rd-inning solo shot into LF (+9.9%) in addition to his first-inning lead off triple (+9.7%).
- Also on the triple-train: Ben Revere (+7.6%) is 2-4 with a pair of triples.
- Needs to pitch: Yusmeiro Petit (-6.1%) has a bit of rust, getting no outs in the 9th, letting in a run and leaving with runners corners to earn a meltdown.
- We already had the free Chik-Fil-A possibility without the extra drama: Mark Melancon (+6.6%) brutally Slatens Petit, cashing in both inherited runners but holding the subsequent one-run lead to earn a shutdown.
Tonight's WPA brought to you by a pretty good night in Bakersfield: