- Not the best outing: Max Scherzer (-16.1%) labors through only 4 innings, giving up 4 runs with 3 Ks and 2 walks.
- Only ties the record, still means nothing: Jayson Werth (+16.9%) extends with on-base streak with a walk and a two-run bomb to straightaway left that got onto the concourse on one hop with one out in the 3rd (+14.0%).
- Oppo-boppo: WIlson Ramos (+7.2%) pops a solo shot out to right to tie that game in 6th (+13.8%).
- Are days off the new cortisone? Bryce Harper (+29.2%) is 3-3 with a pair of walks and a pair of doubles, including one to drive in the go-ahead run in the 7th (+16.0%).
- Wanna succeed? Bring the Ks: Shawn Kelley (+16.1%) fans two of three to throw a scoreless aeyth and earn a shutdown.
- Fives pitches, five outs: Blake Treinen (+18.8%) comes on to defuse a two-on, one-out jam, and does it on one pitch via a 5-3 GDP. Mark Melancon (+24.5%) throws a 1-2-3 9th with three groundouts on 4 pitches. Both earn shutdowns.
This morning's WPA brought to you by don't change if it's working: